Students may be defined as disadvantaged if they:
· Are in the Looked After system
· Are entitled to Free School Meals
· Are children of Services personnel
The Pupil Premium has a number of wider aims:
· To increase social mobility;
· To enable more students from disadvantaged backgrounds to get to the top universities;
· To reduce the attainment gap between the highest and lowest achieving students nationally.
At NEECA those students who are in receipt of the Pupil Premium, access programmes designed to improve their educational outcomes, attainment and aspirations. In order to ensure that we spend these additional funds effectively, we have considered national advice by the Sutton Trust.